The Claymore…More power than any man, or woman, should ever need.
I told you that you didn’t need the Katana, well you REALLY don’t need this. The Claymore is chock so full of techie goodness that the only words to describe it are pure, unadulterated want. The only thing we haven’t added to it is a custom liquid cooling loop and the only reason we didn’t do that is because the components we’re using are already have some of the best air cooling on the market. Why replace them for very minimal gains?
So, aside from the bigger case, you’re wondering what’s so beastly about this build?
- i7-3770k, the fastest Intel processor that will not break the bank. Great for multi-tasking games, apps, and pretty much anything else.
- The NH-D14 heatsink. The biggest, baddest air cooling system for your CPU. There are prettier, but sometimes function is better than form.
- Gigabyte’s Radeon HD 7950, a great video card. While not the absolute best video card available, the power consumption and performance are more than most people should ever nead. In fact, that we put 2 of them in there for even better performance.
- 16GB of RAM. Just so, you know, you could say you have 16GB of RAM in your PC.
- 1TB Western Digital Black hard drive. De facto standard hard drive for gamers. Store the games you don’t play much, your videos, your songs, and you’ll still have at least half of it unused.
- Crucial M4 120GB Solid State Drive. Enough space for Windows and the game you play the most. Why? It decreases your load times by about 40% on average. That means faster into Windows. Faster into your game. Faster loading screens. Faster everything.
- Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card. Because interference and crackle in your sound is bad. Pair this up with a good set of headphones or some quality speakers, and audiophiles everywhere will be happy.
- A Blu-Ray combo drive and a DVD combo drive.
- Modular 850 watt 80+ gold power supply. More efficiency, less heat, less stress on your wallet and your components. Plus you only have to use the cables that you need to for less mess.
- The NZXT Tempest Evo case. It’s big. It’s sleek. It has great cable management and great airflow. It is the perfect accompaniment for your dream PC.
What it does
|Built-in internet capability|
|Plays the latest 3D games at maximum quality settings at or above 60FPS|
|Does everything the Mini-Family PC can|
|Great for games like…all of them. Seriously.|
|Plays and writes audio CDs and video DVDs|
What it don’t
|Will burn your coffee|
|Will burn the toast|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium|
|Productivity||OpenOffice.org. Totally free and self-updating, offering word processor, spreadsheet, database, drawing program and presentation maker.|
|Security||Windows Firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials anti-virus with free updates.|
|Processor||Intel Core i7-3770k|
|Video||Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 Crossfire|
|RAM||16GB DDR3 1600|
|Hard Drive||1TB, 128GB SSD|
|Sound||Asus Xonar Essence STX|
|Onboard LAN||Realtek 811E|
|Power supply||850 watts (Load Power Consumption should not exceed 850W)|
|Dimensions||23.20″ x 9.10″ x 21.70″|